Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Connaught Rangers

Rock

I am looking for any information please on 2nd Lieutenant Christopher Joseph Walsh Connaught Rangers.He was one of the officers responsible for the defence of the armoury during the mutiny in July 1920

Their is a lot of accounts of the mutiny (his papers medal index card et-cetera) which I have found,but would like to find any information on Lieutenant Walsh's marriage,death and life after the army

Oh nameless one.

I can see you have been back to this post three times since my post, so I assume you are not interested in it so I will finish by saying that he died a widower, drowned in Britain Quay, Dublin, and he worked as a clerk after leaving the army. His father was well to do and his son was named after him and finally there are some photographs in the Evening Herald of him.

Sorry Museumtom but I was checking you information to see if it fits into what I have..The Christopher Joseph Walsh I am looking into was born in Limerick,the census you spent time getting for me states that the Christopher Joseph Walsh was born in Dublin.The age of the man you found was 46 years old but I think the Walsh I looking for was born around 1890 and would be in the age group 20 to 25 in 1911.His army papers state he was 18 years old 1908 (if correct) and the son of Thomas and Bridget Walsh 9 St.Gerald Mall Limerick.He also had a sister in 1920 at Shannon Street Limerick.I think he may have left Ireland married and died in the UK or futher a field

Many thanks for your time and help

Yeah, I see him, 26912. I got my wires crossed, sorry about that. My lad was too old. I have 2 images of a long article in the Roscommon Herald around 1923 about the mutiny. I am not sure who wrote it but it was one of the lads that was there involved. If you PM me your eaddy I will send them to you.

Have got some more information on Christopher Walsh he transferred to the Manchester Regiment 6th September 1922 and retired 4th December 1922

Museumtom many thanks will make contact