Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Any one with some spare time ??

BIFFO

I have JUST finished transcribing 14 pages of a WD,can any one fathom these out please :whistle: 

unread.jpg

65: Not confident of this, but CHESHIRE ROAD perhaps? Were the Cheshires ever in the vicinity? Have to say, am not convinced by the "R" though...

60a -  bombardment and terms of

in consultation with B Gnl Smith RA

Edited by Uncle George

Its a struggle :thumbsup:

60B: definitely Sulajik… Wasn't Sulajic Farm was a stronghold in the Battle of Scimitar Hill, where the 159th (CHESCHIRE) Bde fought?? Or am i completely à côté de la plaque?

M.

thank you all VERY much,its this dda-amg that im stuck with.

Doyle 3 excellent link the latest dates are Aug-sept-oct

Marilyne dont know what the(foreign) bit says BUT if it comes with fritz and beer im up for it

image.png.f0bd1b41a470528ef09e9c15ced6a902.png

3 hours ago, BIFFO said:

Marilyne dont know what the(foreign) bit says BUT if it comes with fritz and beer im up for it

That's French ... not Fritz... and I'm Belgian, not French (like Hercule Poirot) but you are right with me if you want a beer! 

être à côté de la plaque means be very much mistaken. 

M.

3 hours ago, BIFFO said:

thank you all VERY much,its this dda-amg that im stuck with.

See Doyle3's post number 6. It is DAA&QMG - Deputy Assistant Adjutant and Quartermaster-General, an admin staff officer usually holding the rank of major.

Ron

27 minutes ago, Marilyne said:

That's French ... not Fritz... and I'm Belgian, not French (like Hercule Poirot) but you are right with me if you want a beer! 

être à côté de la plaque means be very much mistaken. 

M.

Marilyne I KNOW your Belgian I have seen your posts for a long time when I said frizt I didnt mean bosh fritz I meant chips fritz what time do you want me round for the beer then :w00t:

thank you Ron,I did read doyle3s post but being thick like I didnt understand,thats me finished this batch of wd  there will be more :w00t:

16 hours ago, BIFFO said:

Marilyne I KNOW your Belgian I have seen your posts for a long time when I said frizt I didnt mean bosh fritz I meant chips fritz what time do you want me round for the beer then :w00t:

ah… you mean "frittes" …

Feel free to come whenever… but I'm afraid we'll have to wait for confinement to be over…

M.