Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with 16th The Queen's Lancers

I hope some can help me with this unlabeled photo. I found it with other family photos. The Officer to the right of the centre dog is Arthur "Willy" Macarthur Onslow he served with 16th Queen's Lancers, dying in Ypes. He also served in the Boer War. Can anyone expert tell me if this is his regiment and is it during the Great War or earlier. Many thanks Posie

FB_IMG_1585554718389.jpg

1 hour ago, Posie Hayman said:

I hope some can help me with this unlabelled photo. I found it with other family photos. The Officer to the right of the centre dog is Arthur "Willy" Macarthur Onslow he served with 16th Queen's Lancers, dying in Ypes. He also served in the Boer War. Can anyone expert tell me if this is his regiment and is it during the Great War or earlier. Many thanks Posie

FB_IMG_1585554718389.jpg

33 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Welcome to the forum. I can't make out any insignia on the photo I'm afraid. Can you get a better quality image to post here, scanned on a flatbed if possible?

Michelle  Thanks Michelle, I have taken this from another source. I hope my second attempt is better, sadly I cannot scan the original

Uniform.jpg

Hello

Arthur served in the Boer War with the British Army, in the 16th (Queen's) Lancers. He sailed for South Africa from Albert Docks, England, aboard the Montrose 11th February 1900. He was evacuated to England on the Bavarian, 14th February 1901.

Arthur "Willy" Macarthur Onslow died on 05 November 1914, Ypres

John 

Edited by johnmelling1979