Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An article on Sawback bayonets

trajan

congrats!

i will download it and read, if the kids will leave me be for a few hours..

Greetings from Sherwood Forest.

Very interesting article . I also will download it to read later , I don't see myself doing much for the next few weeks .

Thanks Juian

Old Robin Hood

4 hours ago, assafx said:

congrats!

i will download it and read, if the kids will leave me be for a few hours..

Thanks Assafx! Kids? well, two weeks for the kids as no school and no sports or other activities, and they are already going stir-crazy... 

1 minute ago, OLD ROBIN HOOD said:

Very interesting article . I also will download it to read later , I don't see myself doing much for the next few weeks .

Well, I am laid off for three weeks as university classes cancelled for that time, so yes, a chance to catch up on all sorts of reading, in addition to preparing on-line classes - and other bayonet-related articles to complete!

Hoping you two and all others on GWF are well in this time of crisis...

1 hour ago, trajan said:

Thanks Assafx! Kids? well, two weeks for the kids as no school and no sports or other activities, and they are already going stir-crazy... 

I thought that my next 8 weeks of sick leave will be resarch oriented but it started with a holiday vacation (Purim), that just became long and the rumors say it will take longer. now i'm stack in the middle of fixing the logistics article and the rest is also standing still. at least there is some good dark humor running around.

Julian,

Very well done, yet again!

Regards,

JMB

Julian,

Great piece, have downloaded to read over the next few days.  We may be totally confined to barracks before much longer.

Mike.

Well done Julian. The most comprehensive data I've seen on this notorious instrument.

Thanks one and all for the generous comments! I haven't read it through myself yet, and as is usually the case, mistakes will be found now it is out, especially by GWF members! I am of course happy to be corrected where necessary. BTW, Figure 4 seems to have gone AWOL, but it was just a photograph of the sawback on an 84/98, so no real loss.  

Keep calm and carry on one and all

Trajan

Greetings from a small hut in Sherwood Forest

I have just finished reading the article for the second time and I think that it is great. It certainly shows how effective

Allied propaganda could be in WW1

One of the British saw back bayonets most encountered by collectors today is the 1879 Artillery saw back for the

Martini Henry Artillery Carbine . I would think that most British bayonet collectors will have at least one example.

Its a real brute of a weapon.

Old Robin Hood.