Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Military Vehicle Convoy Steams Through Dorset, August 2018

Moonraker

Bovington tank museum, through to Blandford. Unfortunately I missed it. What the clip does not show is the chaos it caused at Bere Regis outside the Royal Oak (my local) when one of the units broke down. I am sorry I missed this spectacle of incredible war machinery

Dave D

I was one of those privileged to be riding in one of trucks. Was quite an experience.

Our destination was the Great Dorset Steam Fair site where the vehicles and tank were on display by their brilliant trench recreation. If you you haven’t visited the show then I can highly recommend it. (But in full disclosure I show state I have been part of their Great War display since it started in 2014).

Neil

Evening Neil.

I cannot believe I missed the convoy, I knew it was on but either had other commitments or more than likely just forgot !!!!!. The steam fair is right on my doorstep, just a few minutes up the road but on show days 2hrs or more! so I tend to give a wide berth. But, the Tank museum is definitely on my list, I haven't been since schooldays, understand it is now well worth a visit, trench mock ups etc.

Regards

Dave D