Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1942 and 1944 Printing of Der Weltkrieg 1914 - 1918

MartH

Hi All,

I am researching the writing of Official Histories of the Great War and see from the posts some of you have copies of Vol 13. and Vol 14 of Der Weltkrieg.

The 1956 printing are facsimile reprints, and the main differences in the 1956 printing is Bundesarchiv on the spine, an additional introduction and the maps are in black and white, though some people have coloured in the black and white maps. There are other differences in the 1956 Volume 14 to the 1944 proof copies.

I am researching is to understand if Vol. 13 published and issued in 1942 are numbered individually , and if Vol. 14 ever came out in 1944.

So if you have copies are they 1942 and 1944 editions, are they numbered on the title page labelled Nr. *, what is the number, and are the maps colored in the map volume of 14?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Mart

• 1 month later...

Robert, thanks, Mart

Mart, Volume 13. was published in 1942. It has Nr. 9 stamped on the title page. Volume 14. was published in 1944. There is no Nr. on the title page. Flugzeugverluste an der Westfront is in colour. The rest of the maps and other documents in Vol. 14. Beilagen are not. Robert

Hi Robert, Thanks I'l pm you. Mart