Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hindenburg/plane medal

Wendy Applegate

I don't know if this is from WW1 or if is even a real military medal.  I can't find it anywhere online and there is not any information engraved on it.  Does anyone have any idea what this might have been used for?  Maybe it was just a souvenir?

C8A1C849-BADA-4762-8914-64C069710A9A.jpeg

EF509865-8921-43E9-87DC-4018575B2BEA.jpeg

I have used Google image search (right-click on the image with your mouse to see the option) and it comes up with this. The live link took me to a confusing sales page so I'm afraid this is just an edited screenshot.

Screenshot_20200130_013518.jpg

seaJane, thank you for giving me some new insight on this piece.  It seems that the blimp is actually the U.S.S. Shenandoah and a plane.  I tried finding what you found and can't seem to find it anywhere.  I even tried to do the google image search (which I didn't know you could do, thanks) with the picture from my photo app on my Mac.  All I get is the definition of an "Emblem".  I went on PicClick and tried to find it since that is where your image looks like it comes from, but did not have success.  If there is anywhere else I can search that you know of I would appreciate it.

Ah, I think I got "emblem" too, at first, and then added the word airship before it in the search box. I'd forgotten that, sorry.

Glad I could!