Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

missing medals

hugh walker

Hi

Trying to possibly track down or get any kind of suggestions in order to maybe. find medals awarded to Lt Jerome Lennie Walker 2nd btn Irish Rifles.KIA 05may1916 at Somme .Buried Authille Milarary Cemt France, Jerome was b 22jul1888 Cork Ireland his father was Franklin Manderson Walker a flax dealer in Belfast and Rotterdam and was listed as next of kin on Jerome's will ,but there is a notation on the will "medals to Gladys Isabel Macdonald " at a Belfast address which he also listed on his Attestion Papers where he was living at the time,the executor is given as Alfred John Crew

Gladys married James Mitchell Lee 03jun1931 and d07mar1970 I Have been unable to find a possible will for any of these families on PRONI that may have mentioned medals or a family tree that i could possibly contact .thx for any help

Hi Hugh

You should post the medals you are looking for on The British Medals Forum.

Gary

Edited by dundeesown

31 minutes ago, hugh walker said:

Hi Gary

i have with the same suggestion that I post here ,trying to cover as many places as possible

hugh

If you have a subscription to Ancestry you can attach a note to his MIC page. Another idea suggested previously is to contact medal dealers and ask them to keep a look out for them on your behalf. 

there is also Medal News Magazine

1 hour ago, hugh walker said:

Hi

Can anyone advise me as too which medals would have been entitled to

hugh

Hi Hugh,

He was entitled to a 1915 Star, British War and Victory medals. His NOK would also have received a named Plaque. (Examples from my collection)

images.jpgPritchard..jpg

D.W. Evans. 2.jpg