Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for a Von Schultz, Bavarian Regiment

TheRecordKeeper

Hi there,

I'm looking for a fellow who appears to have been a German prisoner who passed through the care of the British 22nd General Hospital in Camiers, France, sometime in 1917. I can't quite make out the first word after his name, but it might be 'Cri'? After that, the number 108 or 168, then 'Bavarian Regiment, Saxony, Germany.' Since I don't speak German (Bavarian regiment information and service records on Ancestry.com) and there are many von Schultzes out there, I would appreciate any help in searching for this fellow. All information or insight is appreciated! I'm attaching the image I'm working from. Thanks so much in advance!

Herr Von Schultz.jpg

Interesting.

The question to me is, what is the number of the regiment: 108 or 168? Neither is Bavarian. The 168 IR is Hessian. The Füsilier Regiment (FR) 108 is Saxon. Saxony is mentioned on the paper.  Maybe Herr von Schultz is a Bavarian in a Saxon regiment. If this is the case you won´t find him in the Bavarian Stammrollen on ancestry.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

There isn‘t a von Schultz or von Schulz in the Bavarian casualty lists which agrees with GreyC‘s comment that he was not serving with a Bavarian Regt.

I think the „word“ before the numbers could be the French abbreviation „Cie“ for Company. Which could then give Company 10, 8 Bavarian Regt.

Charlie

• 1 month later...

There is no-one named von Schultz in the published Saxon casualty lists (which include missing / captured). I also found no von Schultz with IR 168 in the Prussian lists.