Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Frederick George Dancox VC

Hans Molier

Dear guests and members,

I'm looking for more information about VC-winner Frederick Dancox. I only need information about his private life, before his VC-action, like his education, his occupation before he went to the army, if he was married and if he did have any children, and so on.

Thank you and regards,

Hans Molier

Chairman www.victoria-cross.com

Bob,

Thank you for this information, but do you perhaps have more any information ? What were the names of his wife and his children ? Bob, where did you find this information, in a book, on a website, or....... ?

Thanks and regards,

Hans

We had the pleasure of having two of Fred Dancoxs grandsons present at one of the Worcestershire and Herefordshire WFA meetings last years.

He was born in 1879, educated at St Stephens School, married to Ellen they had four children and lived in the Barbourne area of Worcester. His medals are held by the regimental museum.

Oké Kevin, thank you very much. But he did have 4 children instead of 5 children ?

Hans

Info is from a chat with one of the grandsons at the meeting, his surname wasn't Dancox so I asked if there were any other Dancox by the VC and he referred to cousins by three aunts and uncles on his paternal side, so I made the presumption of four children.

Oké Kevin, thank you and I've placed your information on our ww.victoria-cross.com, which is still under construction ;)