Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

11th Bn Lancashire Fusiliers Sergeant Major. Service number 2368

Chris Godfrey

Hello. I think I may have uncovered my 3rd great uncle Joseph McConnell. Who apparently was a sergeant major in the 11th bn Lancashire Fusiliers. He died 1st May 1918 at Flanders. I'm wondering If anyone could she anymore light on him at all and if anyone knows how to find some photos on him and his battalion.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Chris Godfrey

This is great thank you both. I do know he had a sister named Mary. Charles and Sarah I haven't yet uncovered. If the year of birth I have is correct it would mean he died aged 59/60. Is that possible for the first world war or do you think my year of birth is out. I have it as 1858 but that isn't confirmed as I'm yet to locate a birth cert to confirm everything.

I fear it's not the relative I think it is then. It may be a cousin however as my 4th great uncle is from bolton. I originally said it was my 3rd but he's actually my 4th. Maybe his son shared the same name. I can only hope. 

I have literally just found that which pieces everything together. Thank you very much for finding that also though. Really appreciate it. So he is in fact my 1st cousin 4x removed