Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt (Later Col.) George de Rastricke Carr MC and bars

Peter B Gunn

I am seeking information about my uncle Lt (later Col) George de Rastricke Carr MC and 2 bars, from his time on the Western Front, later Gallipoli, Middle East and Russia just after the war.

• Admin

Peter

Welcome to the forum. I have edited your thread title to make it more likely to attract attention.

To help those who wish to assist please could you advise on what you already know about the man?

David

6 minutes ago, DavidOwen said:

Peter

Welcome to the forum. I have edited your thread title to make it more likely to attract attention.

To help those who wish to assist please could you advise on what you already know about the man?

David

I have read the 2012 entries and am trying to find out what additional information there is especially about Carr's service at the Battle of the Somme and also Gallipoli.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain George d'Rastricke Carr, MC, RAMC was awarded the Imperial Russian Order of St. Stanislaus 2nd Class with Swords for service in Russia.

The award is confirmed in the War Office 'Confidential List' of July 1921 which listed awards made by the various White Russian Provisional Governments after the abdication of the Tsar to British forces in Russia 1918-20. Those awards listed are those for which The King had granted official permission to accept and wear the awards even though after the Tsars abdication the White Russian Provisional Governments technically had no authority to award them.

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2019 at 15:55, DavidOwen said:

Adding a little to his story there are records of his being wounded twice on FMP in 1916  and 1918

Where can I find out more about about these references to his being wounded at these dates?

Thank you.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Peter B Gunn said:

Where can I find out more about about these references to his being wounded at these dates?

Thank you.

Peter

Perhaps your local library might have access to Find My Past if not you can take out a short free subscription or it may be possible that they may have a free weekend coming up to coincide with the Remembrance weekend.

David