Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German photo album site

aramsay

Looking for some background on aerial-photos taken by German Flieger Artillerie Abteilungs, and found following very interesting site of many photo-albums. Most are captioned, so may be of use to those interested in war in the air from the other side ?!

http://www.flieger-album.de/

Slainte, Alan

The German Photo album site is great. I myself have loads and loads of photographs of the Birmingham Pals during their training period. A way of showing them in a similar fashion to the German Photo Album site would be ideal.

How would I get something like that started? As I am a bit of a thicko when it come to websites etc.

Terry

The German Photo album site is great. I myself have loads and loads of photographs of the Birmingham Pals during their training period. A way of showing them in a similar fashion to the German Photo Album site would be ideal.

How would I get something like that started? As I am a bit of a thicko when it come to websites etc.

Terry

Terry

If you are talking about thumbnails you might find this link helpful.

If you use a proprietary web design package, some have a thumbnail creation facility built in- MS Front page does for example.

Martin

Not got any flyer connection, but I was looking at Album02 [Jul1915-Okt1915], and studying the photo no.45 of the smashed cuppola of Fort Loncin, near Liege/Luttich. Had a wee search on web for background to this Fort and find photo taken recently that is almost exact match !

Open up another browser screen, and compare them side-to-side.......

Slainte, Alan

post-25-1107427900.jpg