Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HAC Museum. Private Tour.

GWF1967

The office manager passed a late booking my way.

A Big Top, in Regimental Colours, for the HAC "Flank Companies' Ball". It was used by the Corps of Drums, on the Artillery Garden.  

Once the work was done, I was invited to take a look in the Regimental Museum and Medal Room in Armoury House. 

The perfect work/life balance. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was lucky enough to have a visit there last year and, yes, it is very good. 

It's a beautiful building and very well looked after, and the custodians do an excellent job. I had an invite to the HAC's Spring Open Day in May, but sadly I couldn't go - hopefully, I'll have one for next year and will be able to accept it - fingers crossed!

That's one Museum that I have never got around to visiting....But I will!, Thanks for the images. :D

On 30/07/2019 at 01:13, ForeignGong said:

Thanks for posting. It looks fantastic.

Small enough to walk round in a couple of minutes, interesting enough to last much longer.

On 04/08/2019 at 10:06, The Scorer said:

I was lucky enough to have a visit there last year and, yes, it is very good. 

It's a beautiful building and very well looked after, and the custodians do an excellent job. I had an invite to the HAC's Spring Open Day in May, but sadly I couldn't go - hopefully, I'll have one for next year and will be able to accept it - fingers crossed!

Couldn't have said it better: Lovely building, unfortunately overlooked by some very unlovely ones. I had a really interesting history lesson from the head groundsman whilst marking out. The only slight disappointment was meeting the Drum Major;  A complete lack of whiskers!  :D

Best of luck with the invitation.

On 04/08/2019 at 12:52, Kitchener's Bugle said:

That's one Museum that I have never got around to visiting....But I will!, Thanks for the images. :D

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your visit.