Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Infantry Equipment Pattern 1914 - Pistol Equipment

mark holden

Thanks to a couple of Forum Pals I have managed to put together the Pistol Equipment set from the Infantry equipment  pattern 1914.

Regards

Mark

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Edited by mark holden
grammar

Outstanding turnout Mark, looks fantastic, congratulations - that’s got to be one of the most difficult sets to assemble. Out of interest, what do you rate as the most difficult component to acquire - accepting that none of them are remotely easy !

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete_C said:

Outstanding turnout Mark, looks fantastic, congratulations - that’s got to be one of the most difficult sets to assemble. Out of interest, what do you rate as the most difficult component to acquire - accepting that none of them are remotely easy !

Pete

The attachments are well nigh impossible (as are the non-combatant versions), and the braces are extremely hard to find too.

That said, a mis-matched pair of braces sold on eBay recently for what I thought was a very reasonable price (for this stuff).

The pouches come up occasionally - I believe the one illustrated is one Mark got from me - yet also hard to find after the braces and attachments; and then often with the back strap cut off. There was a not great example sold on eBay recently for decent money, especially given its condition.

Belts not too difficult, and the holsters relatively easy.

Cheers,

GT.

Edited by Grovetown

Thanks Pete for your comments. The pouch did indeed come from GT and I was most pleased to finally acquire and 'uncut' version. The brace attachments I have only seen in pictures. The braces are hard to find and increasingly expensive. I think the pair recently sold went for a little over £400 I saw a tired single sell on a dealers site earlier this year for more than £300. Ammunition pouches are also hard to locate particulary the unmodified version and very few 1st issue haversack seem to turn up. I am still seeking the elusive helve head carrier to complete my other set.  

Regards

Mark

A  tool, head carrier was just sold. P14 is now getting rather expensive

Cheers

Ross

1753742022_headcarrier.png.78377251875594a68005ec9498b4010a.png

braces.png.a282d70c017db38e91e8dd08d082d470.png

Superb display Mark, your stuff looking great as always.