Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hi I’m researching my family and I’m trying to find out about my grandads dad. His name was George penn and lived on Devonshire street Northampton he died 26.05.1960 

• Admin

Welcome to the forum Phil. I have split your query into a separate thread.

Michelle 

• Admin

Welcome Phil

There are a number of George Penns with Medal Index cards listed at the National Archives.

Can you provide more info on him? Such as DOB, marriage, children, do you know if he served in a particular unit, etc?

Anything you can provide will assist the members to help you.

Good luck with your research

David

Hi

Was he born 30.5.1884, baptised 15th Dec, 1885. a leather dresser/drummer and lived at 18 Devonshire St., Northampton  in 1939, recorded as a widower ?. Living with an Elizabeth Dann and a Hilda Dann? Died 1960 cert. No. 3b,574? Northampton

As David has posted above, if you can provide more family details it will be easier to find him, there are a number of soldiers who could be him....looking

Looks like he married Emily Mason ( 23.4.1889 - 27.3.1968) on 24th July 1909 @ Northampton. His father William and Mother Sarah Ann (Nee Foster)?? Can you clarify please?

George Penn above had a brother William Alfred Penn b.1886 and 5 sisters......are you sure about your great grandfather's name? I can't find any children from George and Emily's marriage but there are from William....

Regards Barry

Edited by The Inspector