Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SILVER WAR BADGE .

steve140968

:unsure: Whilst following the silver war badge sales on e-bay i have noticed that some badges fetch quite a lot more than others . Conditions are roughly the same , the only difference i see are is in the serial numbers / letters . I appreciate that every individual badge must mean something special to someone , i was wondering whether for example you were able to trace certain number / letter combinations to certain regiments - hence why certain badges seem more collectable , thanks .

Steve .

Certain Blocks of Badges would have been granted @ the same time to Men of the Same Regiments,so in theory,yes,However unless the Buyer has those numbers on file & can reference them to "their" Regiment,More likely that Numbers of Certain Badges are Recognised as being "Wanted" to Re~Unite with Medals & The Bidding starts to hot up!{you never know what the Top Proxy Bid of the under~Bidder is until you surpass it[Or get within the parameter of the nearest bid]

Low 4 Figure & Below,Numbers usually signify Officers

;) Thanks Harry , i think you're probably correct when you say 'to re-unite with medals' , however you would need a big stroke of luck to come across the correct one as there must be thousands out there . Steve .

Steve,

Approx 1,150,000 were issued so it would probably need a large stroke of luck to re-unite them.

Andy

Steve,

Approx 1,150,000 were issued so it would probably need a large stroke of luck to re-unite them.

Andy

Admittedly It Is About As Possible As Re~uniting Any Broken WW1 Medal Group,Considering The 6.5 Million & 5.5 million BWM & AVM,Etc;,But With A Number,As With A Name It Is Possible,Its All About Faith! :{And Knowing Which Numbers You Are Looking For!} :blink:

;) Thanks guys , e-bay apart are there any other places you can search for these goodies on-line ? Steve .

;) Thanks guys , e-bay apart are there any other places you can search for these goodies on-line ? Steve .

Speedbid,also a number of dealers who list online carry them in varying numbers,try a Google for "War Badge" or "Medals for Sale" ;)

;) Cheers Harry , i'll follow your advice and give it a go - you never know ! Steve .

Low 4 Figure & Below,Numbers usually signify Officers

Approximately 1850 out of the first 3500 Badges were Officer Badges then after that between Badges 3500 and 10000 only a couple of hundred were issued to Officers

Steve