Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cant find a RNR MSM winner

Ed ROBINSON

Just cant find the service records to a Seaman Patrick KEOGH 5251A who was awarded the DSM for Gallipoli actions. I can find his MSM and medal awards but not his service records. I suspect they have been miss filed.I know he was RNR from Limerick and born in 1895. Any help would be much appreciated as I do not generally research Navy.
Thanks Ed 

The man you seek was an RNR seaman. The above was a stoker RNR. It appears his record is missing from BT 377 at Kew. [5247.A to 5270.A are absent.]

His number is confirmed by the RNR Medal Roll.

Thanks for looking Dave and Horatio, but his number is 5251A and as Horatio2 points out his record is missing. I thought it was only me with my poor Navy search skills. Thanks for confirming. 

Cheers Ed

Suggest you try original records formerly held at Fleet Air arm museum at Yeovilton, once they are available again after the RN Museum reorganisation.

Several years ago I located records for three men there.( from the gap identified by horatio 2)

Maurice Cronin 5260.A

Patrick Considine 5261.A

Patrick Darby 5262. A

Enrolments were made in Limerick around November 1913. Limerick seems to be the common factor.

best wishes

ernestjames