Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George Edward Joyce - Company M, 362nd Infantry, 91st Division

Victoria Rose

Hi. I was hoping someone could help me find any photos of my great grandfather George Edward Joyce from the war. On his tombstone, he is listed as' Private, Company M, 362nd Infantry, 91st Division'. I know he was in Meuse, France from September 26, 1918 to October 12, 1918 according to a weathered enlistment record that I found in my grandmas belongings. I hope to get more information about his military history and would love to find a photo of him from when he was in the military. I have found draft registration cards but they don't provide much info. But I do have his service number. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening , Kendall H. Joyce Son Of Howard C Joyce , Grandson  of Charles Edward Joyce  I believe my grand father is the brother of George Edward Joyce your great grand father, What I been told George got wounded in battle, my grand father Charles found him on the battle field him and another soldier brought him  back to company lines,They talked for a while and my grand father Charles E. Joyce went find his company , Later found he found  out George E. Joyce died from is wounds . My grand father was from England , My grand mother Esther maiden stated with a t...…………   don't remember at this time, moved to Toronto Canada , then to Buffalo new York , they had one son Howard C. Joyce, My father marryed Marie Caldwell , My Grand father Vernon G Caldwell own and operated Sullivan lumber Company in Buffalo New York My Grand father worked for the other Grand father that's how my parents meet, My parent had four children three girls one boy, I am the youngest , My Grand father was a carpenter, I remember seeing my Grandfathers tool made out wood and his metal from England, Later as my father and I grew apart he gave the tools to my oldest sister and the metals to a cousin in Canada My sister may have pictures of my Grand father and Grand mother I don't my My Grand father was a small build man , Later in his life moved to Jupiter Florida he died in I think 1981 and a few years later my Grand mother Kendall H Joyce 

• 1 month later...

Hi Kendall! Sorry I didn't see your reply until now!  I looked through my ancestry family tree and what I've found unfortunately doesn't seem to match up I think we both had ancestors with the name of George Edward Joyce. :( I wish it was the same George so we could have connected the dots. My great grandfather died here in San Francisco but not from any sort of war wounds. I'm sorry, I hope you can find out more!