Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rifles and Bayonet's from my collection

Steve1871

I need to do a lot better job when I get a nice digital camera system with Macro, so can do lot better work, grouping guns, Bayonet's and other stuff together.

for tight now,. Stuck with 3.5 year old cell phone camera, deleted less than 100 pic's this time. Any pic I post, I have no problems for any of you to keep or use, just enjoy

To start off

1.  A Mosin Nagant m91, no time to clean, has 1898 Reciever but stock cartouche of 1894, so miss match, stock has been mod. 1 or 2 times, Has German Capture stamp and Finnish re-issue, the magazine is the more sought after early type with sling swivel , that said, who knows when/ who added that, magazine is miss match .... Russia, Germany,. Finland, or any collector, dealer could have added that, for M/N rifle I paid a lot for this for the other stuff, I do not know too much about these rifles.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. These are M.71 Karbines, comparison pic's showing standard Karbine, French 6.5 conversion for Uruaguay,German military police conversion with bayonet lug and last is the conversion with 8mm Steyr Barrel and crude fixed sight on a m87 Turkish Carbine, sorry limited pic's, ran out time and did two of these in older post, hope you like

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Few more pics to those carbines

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3.  A "Butcher" with a long life  98/05

this is a 1916 dated piece with flash guard, seller used A. Carter for reference ( outdated)

First, saw removed, then the maker and date combo was scarce, and when you have a maker and different finisher , maker is on left side of blade and finisher on right, on this piece, the finisher overstamped on the maker, said A Carter only noted one piece like that? I not sure, then Weimar used, blued, but no 1920 or 1921 date on cross guard, then Luftwaffe reuse for WW2 with their markings on flash guard, and finally, an original 98/05 Frog, painted black and modified with a strap being added. I hope this is all correct, thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oimage.jpg.b5e69802ef66047d85838af4dbc1c578.jpgimage.jpg.85a667f6b84f7b0f4d0ed33c6c085c26.jpg#4.  Remington Lebel

A nice one, not sure if sling is  correct, have a Remington bayonet, scabbard to go with it somewhereimage.jpg.010d0beafd871a1890b0f715d4c605f9.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A M71/98, which was originally a S60 Fusilier Bayonet for the M60 Dreyse rifle, converted to fit the M71 Mauser, simply by inserting a bushing into the muzzle ring, later, for or just before Great War,I not sure.

Anyway, this piece, I ask around, and was told the unit marks look odd, 2 guys on this forum thought were Fake. Was told for the price, it was still worth it.

Now the odd part no one knew is that there are 2 different unit marks, one on each side, which is odd. It was almost always done, that when another unit were to recieve an arm, gun, bayonet, that the previous unit mark would be crossed or dotted out. See for yourself, has both unit markings. was also told that because all the letters and numbers are same size in unit markings, main reason some thought fake. One of these guys, who has some fantastic stuff in his collection, also had a "few" pieces where all numbers/ letters were same size. Is mine fake or mystery? Who knows,still a scarce bayonet, Any comments or opinions, good or bad, will like them all, I still on a big learning curve here, thanks Guys

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg