Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Images of WW1 Medals

Ken Lees

Can anyone point me towards some images of Great War medals?

I am building a website and I'd like to be able to illustrate various medal groups. Ideally, I'd like to find one image of each medal so that I can manipulate them into groups using the same base images, e.g. pair, trio, MM&trio, etc.

So far, I've found some, but I need them all to be from the same source so that the background is the same on each and they are the same scale.

Anyone help?

Regards,

Ken

Ken

why don't you ask the forum for pictures?

I am sure there will be a lot of pals willing to donate medal pics and info on their blokes

If they are done on a similiar background and size they will look more professional

cheers

chris

Chris,

I agree about the uniform background and I'm thinking that if I get pictures of each individual medal from the same source I can then put them together in Paint Shop Pro to form groups. They will then be the same size and scale and will look professional.

I think that is more likely to look more uniform.

The alternative would be to find groups, all from the same source to illustrate the various groups that have been awarded to the men on my site. I have medals myself, but I couldn't reproduce the quality of the images that I've seen on the net. Most of mine aren't properly mounted and I certainly don't have the range of medals required.

So, if anyone has a professionally catalogued and photgraphed collection and wouldn't mind sharing the pictures I would be more than grateful!

Ken

Ken

you have to be bloody good with paint shop to make individual pics of medals look right as a group

my thinking is a white background ( we've all got white paper in our printers) decide a canvas size and then a best fit for the medals

of course if you can get them off someone already sorted...

good luck anyway

chris

you have to be bloody good with paint shop to make individual pics of medals look right as a group

It's more important to show the entitlement than to make it look like a group mounted for wear, but I take your point.

Ken