Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dvr F Baker T-35924 ASC

Chef_Hendrix

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out in researching a Trio I have to Dvr F Baker, T-35924 ASC. I'm not sure why, but Ancestry and FmP seem to be against me today and all I can find is him on the 1914-1915 Star Medal Roll. (In truth I spent ages just finding this, only to find out I had already saved it to my Ancestry Shoebox!)

41804_611411_6000-00251a.jpg.5ae3617b8c62284f94ff9509b409e89b.jpg

For the life of me I can't find his MiC or BWM/VM Medal Roll.

Unfortunately I have no other information on the individual and I can imagine the information is right there for me to see, but alas I can't!

Thanks in advance.

Gaz

Edited by Chef_Hendrix
update

Hi Gaz,

From the Ancestry home page right hand side more collections select Military.

In featured collections select British Army WW! Medal Rolls Index Card, 1914-1920

Enter first name Frederick last name Baker 

Go to page 3 of the results you will find your man near the bottom.

Can't find a service record on Ancestry either, others may be more successful. You could try near numbers (from the 14-15 roll page) and see if they are all in the same unit.

27 minutes ago, Gardenerbill said:

Hi Gaz,

From the Ancestry home page right hand side more collections select Military.

In featured collections select British Army WW! Medal Rolls Index Card, 1914-1920

Enter first name Frederick last name Baker 

Go to page 3 of the results you will find your man near the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Gardenerbill said:

Can't find a service record on Ancestry either, others may be more successful. You could try near numbers (from the 14-15 roll page) and see if they are all in the same unit.

Thank you so much for that, I just could not find it!! I've now used used the MiC you found to find the BW and VM Roll.

Thanks for the tip, ill try that as well.

Gaz

Edited by Chef_Hendrix

5 minutes ago, clk said:

Hi Gaz,

That's here.

Regards

Chris

Chris, thank you aswell. Although I managed to find it the hard way using the roll no. from the MiC.

Great help as always from the Forum for what is obviously my poor searching skills on Ancestry!

Gaz

His transfer to Section B Army Reserve suggests that he was serving on a regular army attestation (normally for 12 years). His service may have continued to beyond 1922, which would imply that his service record is still with the MOD. It might be worth examining the date of enlistment implied by his number.