Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vandalism hits Bletchley

Will O'Brien

I am afraid to say that Bletchley has been hit by the mindless idiots who believe themselves to be oh so vastly superior & who show it by a bit of wanton destruction.......................Late last week one of my local memorials in Bletchley was desecrated with paint. They took the trouble of ensuring that all four faces of it were covered together with the poppy wreaths which were still surrounding the base.....................It is difficult to express in words the utter contempt I have for these people.......................Fortunately the memorial itself is a fairly robust obelisk type so the defacing with paint was the worst that happened.....Also & to the credit of Milton Keynes council their graffiti cleaners were there the next day removing the offending paint, which I understand took the best part of three hours...................A terrible way to repay the thirty soldiers & sailors named on it............I can only hope they would be more forgiving than I am

Hi Will,

Unfortunately judging by other threads this seems to be a sign of todays society. Very sorry to hear about this, it is enough to make you sick at the lack of respect and understanding these morons have.

Andy

Will - I saw this on the news the other night. Although this seems to be a sign of the times it never fails to leave me baffled and disgusted at some people's utter contempt for the memory of those who fell.

The urge to drown them in paint is overwhelming, I'll have to have a lie down now!