Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Advice on framing medals

Hello: I am framing a set of four medals together (Pip, Squeak and Wilfred, plus a Long Service and Good Conduct medal).

I'm assuming that the British War Medal (Squeak) should be displayed with George V head showing rather than the horse and rider on the obverse, as this is the way it's shown in 99% of photos I've seen of them framed together, but should the Long Service medal also be shown with the King's head displayed rather than the 'Diuturne Fidelis' on the obverse?

Is it a rule that any medal having the King's head on it should always have that side displayed? 

Thanks for any advice.

Display as per this example - image one of many identical displays on t’internet......

Steve

F8BB402C-779A-4CBB-BFD3-902CBAEFBF04.jpeg

yes with British medals the Monarch's head is always the obverse of the medal and should be displayed facing outwards.

2 hours ago, PhilB said:

The plaque is difficult to secure in a frame - any tips?

Self adhesive velcro. Any residue left on the back of the plaque can be removed with a little nail varnish remover.

Mike

Ouch. I'd be worried about the long-term effects of the adhesive, having rescued some medals from velcro in my time.