Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ludwig Schmidt III 2 bayrn feld art 3 batt any help

wulsten

Picked this postcard up with this soldiers details knowing very little about the German side of things can anyone add anything of interest

Anything appreciated 

Geoff 

_20190307_184728.JPG

Hello Wuslten

I'm not much use in English, & even failed Allo Allo German which makes me think Shmidt could be akin to our Smith, but had a go on ancestry & google translate, where Military translations can be different again.

Bayer may be Bavarian Field Artillery 3rd Battalion Field Post, I found some Bavarian Germany WW1 rosters (quite a few) but can't edit them at all,  when I found one which seemed relevent, would you believe it was in German.

The only other bit at the side kunftler karte may mean Travel Card  & Verlag, publishing leave

Don't know if this is even what you you're asking about let alone help, but hope you can find out more

Best Regards

Rusty

Wulsten 1.jpg

8 hours ago, rustyredhead said:

Hello Wuslten

I'm not much use in English, & even failed Allo Allo German which makes me think Shmidt could be akin to our Smith, but had a go on ancestry & google translate, where Military translations can be different again.

Bayer may be Bavarian Field Artillery 3rd Battalion Field Post, I found some Bavarian Germany WW1 rosters (quite a few) but can't edit them at all,  when I found one which seemed relevent, would you believe it was in German.

The only other bit at the side kunftler karte may mean Travel Card  & Verlag, publishing leave

Don't know if this is even what you you're asking about let alone help, but hope you can find out more

Best Regards

Rusty

Wulsten 1.jpg

That is not the correct man as he was missing on the Somme in 1914 (later declared legally dead) and he's an infantryman.

Jan

Sorry,

I just had a try as I only have a few days left on the worldwide subscription, when I entered Kriegsstammrollen/stammrollen in the card catalogue  it came up zero, and knew I was out of my depth with the rest, but if there is something I can look up, will have a go.

Regards Rusty

10 minutes ago, rustyredhead said:

Sorry,

I just had a try as I only have a few days left on the worldwide subscription, when I entered Kriegsstammrollen/stammrollen in the card catalogue  it came up zero, and knew I was out of my depth with the rest, but if there is something I can look up, will have a go.

Regards Rusty

No problems, I'm the same with German information, better with other stuff as you know

Geoff