Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Engine of Destruction - 51st (Highland) Division

Steven Broomfield

Just a heads-up that Colin Campbell's book, Engine of Destruction, the 51st (Highland) Division in the Great War, (Argyll Publishing, 2013) has been reissued, this time by Pen & Sword. 

As a warning to the unwary, it is now titled The 51st (Highland) Division in the Great War, Engine of Destruction (see what they did there?) and retails at £25.00. As far as I can see there are no alterations or amendments, other than a rather nice section of colour illustrations and a new dust jacket (it's a hardback production).

For anyone interested in the 51st, it's a very good book, but the colour pictures aren't worth £25 if you have the original.

Edited by Steven Broomfield

It is indeed almost the same. Actually, Colin has written a new intro, principally to take note of developments on the division's history since the original was published. Title change was mainly a matter of highlighting the fact that it is a book about the 51st Division in the First World War (a number of divisions might well lay claim to be an 'Engine of Destruction'); in this day of google searches it helps to have the key description of the book's contents front and centre, as it were.

Thanks.

Well-worth reprinting, I must say. I believe my wife had to go to the pre-loved book market to buy a copy of my birthday present last year.