Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help bayo Stamp ID

Gernika

Need help with german 84/98 n.A. Regimental marks ID.

its   F2    2400

Thank you in advance.

Thinking aloud... Sounds like it could be a Flieger Battalion to me! F is certainly for 'Flieger'...They certainly used these bayonets. In which case Flieger Batt Nr.2, waffe 2400. BUT, the flieger batt. ones I know of have company numbers also... So, an 'F' for a Festungs unit? They also had these... It is not a 'script' or italic 'F' is it? that would make it Funken or Fernsprecher

Such a high number and no company number... Seems late war, and could even by a Flak unit?

Hmm, lots of possibilities there!

Yes, thanks was my first idea. No company make identification complex.

Not italic, just plain scrip and no dots at all.

Kaixo!

Do you have a photo? It´s always better to see the item.

A single F stands for bavarian aviators. In this case 2nd company, bavarian Flieger-Bataillon, but the 2400??? That would be the largest company ever...:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Kaixo!

A single F stands for bavarian aviators. In this case 2nd company, bavarian Flieger-Bataillon, but the 2400??? That would be the largest company ever...:rolleyes:

No pics at this moment.

yes number is too hight for a Flieger unit.

Eskerrikasko Andy.

gustatuko litzaidake

The let´s wait for the photo, if possible

Edited by The Prussian

13 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Kaixo!

Hi Andy,

Good to see you back!

I am not entirely convinced that F is for Flieger on this one - but bow to your better knowledge! The lack of a company number - unless there is a dot missing somewhere! - was making me think more along the lines of some form of unit / garrison that had no need for the company-type structure used in regiments etc. But then I hit a brick wall because if Festung then there should be an indication which Festung... And no Fernsprecher unit would be that large.

Remember that I do have a 84/98 simply marked FLZ 1096 for Flak Zug, so perhaps something similar? Perhaps even 'Fernlenkzug' (naval units on the North Sea coast using radio-controlled weapons)? Feld Lazaret Zug? 

Julian

Hi Julian!

I´m not back, i was always here, but I didn´t want to write in "hi-speed-threads" (you know what I mean).

Yes, the F is not proofed to be Flieger (my list is from Wacker/Görtz, who mentioned only pre-war units).

Of course it´s possible that the F stands for a war-time unit. But the high number 2400 stands for a regiment. I hope, we can see a photo soon.

I know precisely what you mean... It took me 2 months to get a word in edgeways to post the 10 or German photographs I found in Ankara!

That´s what I mean. We both are over 50; we ain´t quick as the youngsters here...:D

Edited by The Prussian