Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

113 Company Machine Gun Corps

rolt968

Does anyone know anything about 113 Coy MGC? Did it exist? (It is not mentioned in the Long Long Trail Page.)

It should have been the senior company in 38 (Welsh) Division. However 176 Company joined 38 Division in March 1917 [corrected] and 114 and 115 Companies joined in May 1916. 176 Company became part of 38 Battalion MGC in 1918.

RM

Edited by rolt968

Just now, DavidOwen said:

It looks like the War Diary is here http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7354155 

Whilst it states "113 Infantry Brigade, Brigade Machine Gun Company" the first page of the actual daily diary viewed through the watermark clearly states "113 Machine Gun Company" top right.

Hope it's the right one!

Regards

David

Thank you David,

That is it. I really should have checked if there was a war diary myself.  I also should check my own notes more carefully - 176 Company arrived on 28 March 1917 (not 1916 - I have edited accordingly.).

RM

• Admin
2 minutes ago, rolt968 said:

Thank you David,

That is it. I really should have checked if there was a war diary myself.  I also should check my own notes more carefully - 176 Company arrived on 28 March 1917 (not 1916 - I have edited accordingly.).

RM

Happy to have helped!