Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

#11 Convalescent Depot, Buchy

Broznitsky

I am trying to gather further information about this unit: who staffed it, size, etc. in the autumn of 1917. Also a little about the town or village of Buchy.

Peter in Vancouver, "non-elitist" :P

• 4 years later...

Broz,

I know this gives you next to nothing, but they did have a concert party, of which the female impersonator was Pte WJ Hughes. Due to the transitory charachter of convalescent camps, I imagine the crew for this outfit changed rapidly.

I have been intending to apply to the Australian War Memorial, who have an undated concert programme for 11th Con Depot in their Theatre and Concert Programmes collection.

Try a post on the Canadian Expeditionary Force Study Group site and see what they say. www.cefresearch.com/phpBB2/index.php

Trevor

• 15 years later...

Photo of recuperating soldiers at the 'Convalescent Depot Buchy’ plus a card from the YMCA at Buchy. George AV Jenaway 1Btn Hampshire Regt is rear row second from right. Evidently the photographer told them to put the snaow on their uniforms.

SnowHutCardFront.jpg.2ac4cbe03b344e9979e0dc1fba00c508.jpg

BuchyCard.jpg.6645697c9f22e22c1c405427de54acfd.jpg

BuchyCard.jpg.6645697c9f22e22c1c405427de54acfd.jpgBuchyCardRearEdited.jpg.b3066f4d5cc137da60bf4ea74a581e04.jpg