Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

William Andrews- RWF

john white

Dear Members

I am trying to obtain details of the above-names, who served in the RWF during the Great War. He was born in Splott, Cardiff on October 2nd 1898 and the 1939 register shows him living in Cardiff with his wife Minnie, although it might have been Winnie. He had no second name, Can anyone help me find some information regarding his service in the war?

Regards

John White

Do up know his regimental number (s) ?

There are plenty to choose from!

George

What information do you already know?

Absent Voters Lists for Cardiff might contain an answer.

Whether one still exists, I do not know.

There isn't one in the Glamorgan County Archives, but it might be that there is one at Cardiff Central Library, or at the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth, I don't know, but it might be prudent to check.

Failing that, a search of the Cardiff newspapers for the 1914-19 period might contain something about him.

But you will need to find more information, full name, next of kin, wife, address in order to corroborate thet he is the correct William Andrews.

There are 13 with Medal Cards on Ancestry.

There is only 1 set of surviving records, 27585 WA Andrews of London, so you can exclude him.

Dear Members

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the lack of information and I am trying to get more. By the way Coldstreamer have you seen details of the death of Guardsman Bolam at Schneidmuhl Camp in late 1914. He was given a severe beating and died in early 1915 as a result of mental injuries incurred at the camp.

Regards

J W

Dear David and Dai

Thanks for your replies. The information has come from family members. I will ask if a marriage certificate is held. Also tried to get into the RWF forum but not  successfully.

Regards

John White