Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bulgarian soldier with Chauchat

Keith_history_buff

I can't see a Chauchat mag, but there are a fewthings that look like spent shrapnel rounds with the driving bands cut off. Are we looking at a scrap-metal recovery unit posing with some of its wares? :D

4 hours ago, MikB said:

I can't see a Chauchat mag, but there are a fewthings that look like spent shrapnel rounds with the driving bands cut off. Are we looking at a scrap-metal recovery unit posing with some of its wares? :D

I agree with you Mik.

Also, The pistol looks like a 1907 Dreyse. I think the Germans were so short of pistols by the time Bulgaria entered the war, that I can't see them supplying many, if any at all.

I suppose it could well be a Colt 1903 though? One of the standard issue Bulgarian sidearms

Edited by Radlad
forgot something

14 hours ago, Radlad said:

I agree with you Mik.

Also, The pistol looks like a 1907 Dreyse. I think the Germans were so short of pistols by the time Bulgaria entered the war, that I can't see them supplying many, if any at all.

I suppose it could well be a Colt 1903 though? One of the standard issue Bulgarian sidearms

It doesn't look like a Dreyse to me - at least not the Cluedo one - because of the ejection port halfway along the top-right. It's much more like the Colt 1903, but it's still not quite right - there isn't the rebating at the bottom of the slide at the front, and the back end looks as is it's not properly closed up, but then again there's no bit of barrel projecting forward... ? :huh: