Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pickelhaube Repairing

PrussianGarde

I recently bought a 1915 Prussian Garde Pickelhaube (EM). I am trying to start restoring it but I don’t know what I need because this is my first Pickelhaube. The wappen is a replica and I believe that the spike is an original replacement. Let me know your thoughts on what I need to replace and if you recognize any markings in the pictures also let me know. Thank you!image.jpg.937d7b58bce804b90d61ce3ef94233f1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I only know that there is a 54 (which I believe is the size) and I see a VERY faint 4. See in these pictures below

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by PrussianGarde

Hi PrussianGarde,

I am no expert on Pickelhaubes, although I own some.

What evidence is there that it is a Garde helmet, it is the position of the holes for the wappen?

I have a Nice Prussian Pioneer helmet which came with a incorrect wappen which I was able to replace with a genuine one.

There are some Prussian Garde helmet plates on sale for £280 and £300, but I would confirm that it is a Garde helmet before purchasing one, a line regiment plate would be considerably less.

There is a website Pickelhaubes.com (I think) which is very good.

Derek.

Ok thank you.

The hole is about here

Edited by PrussianGarde

Ok. I have tried them before but it never sends the activation link. I will try them again 

Worth pointing out this is at least the third thread the OP has set going on the same pickelhaube...

Just trying to get different opinions.

Edited by PrussianGarde