Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Back in Time for School'

MikeyH

Just watched the first episode of this BBC2 programme on catch up.  In the 1908 time segment

the boys involved are introduced to the rifle range.  A mixture of Moisin-Nagant's and what

are either Lee-Metford or MK1 Lee-Enfield rifles are used.  They generally much enjoy firing blanks, under

the supervision of a firearms expert.  When certificates for proficiency are presented, in a nod to the

gender brigade they are for 'riflery' not 'marksmanship'.  An interesting programme, the next seven

episodes will cover education through the remaining decades.

Mike.

Edited by MikeyH

My girls watched this and enjoyed it, I asked them if they’d like to see any of the lessons repeated at their school. Just the suffragette jujitsu was the reply. 

Only if he's also wearing a gown (which I don't know because I haven't been watching).

36 minutes ago, seaJane said:

Only if he's also wearing a gown (which I don't know because I haven't been watching).

Yes, he was wearing a gown.

As was the 'new' male teacher who replaced the married woman once the marriage bar was introduced. 

Nice selection of nearly new WW2 gas masks...probably film props...where can I get one?

Alan.

Hmmm. Yes, trilby seems a bit odd in that case!