Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German logs

strongbow

I have received the logs from two german ships - the SMS Bremse and Brummer. It details the attack on the convoy lead by the Royal Navy ships HMS Mary Rose and Strongbow. I have tried to use various translation websites but there is too much naval jargon and I don't know anyone who speaks German. Does anybody know who can help me translating this to English so it makes a bit more sense?

Thanks!

How much text are you talking about?

There are several pals who are native German speakers or otherwise very fluent. I think they (and I) would be willing to help if its a reasonable amount.

Andy

Strongbow, I regular work with KTBs (Kriegstagebucher = war diaries, or less precisely, logs) for U-boats so I'm familiar with the terminology and can, obviously, read German. I'll be glad to give it a look over...

Best wishes,

Michael

• 1 month later...

My daughter has just informed me if you need to translate anything you can go to a website that will translate several languages into English or vice- aversa, after you've typed what you needed press for free translation then you don't have to pay. www.freetranslation.co.uk

Tony P

Many thanks to all for your help. The information has been translated and makes very interesting reading. Go to www.hmsstrongbow.org.uk if you want to have a read.