Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WFA membership in Australia

Bardess

I am very interested in becoming a member but, looking on the website for both branches [Vic and NSW] it only quotes membership details in GBP. Has anyone joined from Australia and can you still access the Pension Ledger and Index Cards using Ancestry.com.au? Also, where are the different membership prices explained?

Whichever Branch I chose I would not be able to attend any meetings - not that the pages have anything to draw people in [dissapointingly].

TIA and Merry Christmas

2018 Membership Prices

£29.00 - UK Single

£32.00 - UK Dual

£35.00 - Europe Single

£37.00 - Europe Dual

£40.00 - World Single

£44.00 - World Dual

£16.00 - UK Junior

£29.00 - Overseas Supporter

£29.00 - Digital (UK)

£29.00 - Digital (Europe)

£29.00 - Digital (Worldwide)

Hello Diane

Go on the WFA web site and there is a contact e-mail address for membership queries, Sarah Gunn is the person to contact.

Merry Christmas

John

I live in Western Aussie and have been a member of the main UK WFA for years. I first paid using a Credit Card on their secure site and now pay with PayPal each year. Yes I can access the Pension Ledger and Index Cards  not through Ancestry but through the parent WFA website. So far there are only approx. 30% available and the rest will be up later this year. I can also access the old issues of "Stand Too" on the website, which is good as the early issues have very good stories like the current issues.

I personally can recommend the joining fee of £40.00 and eagerly await the arrival of each "Stand Too".

Peter

From a very sunny Perth. 

Thanks, John, I'll tackle this tomorrow now

Thanks, Peter. So you use the World Single Membership? Good to know that access to the records are direct from WFA

Cheers

Thanks Peter. Payment would be pretty easy for me as my sister still lives in the UK.

Can anyone please explain the difference of world single and worldwide digital?

I think the difference is, digital you don’t receive a hard copy of Stand To and Bulletin only a digital copy.  Hence the price difference no postage to pay.

Mandy

28 minutes ago, mandy hall said:

I think the difference is, digital you don’t receive a hard copy of Stand To and Bulletin only a digital copy.  Hence the price difference no postage to pay.

Mandy

That is absolutely correct Mandy. 

The records (on the WFA's Library edition of Fold3) will be accessible from anywhere in the world provided you log into the WFA web site via your credentials.

The WFA office will reopen tomorrow (27th December) and Sarah will be happy to answer any questions you may have

Thanks for your enquiry

David

Thanks for the clarification Mandy and David. Will certainly go the digital route and complete application tomorrow. Excellent!

Membership has been applied for and payment by cheque will be winging its way later today. Sarah was very helpful via email. Thanks all