Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What medals did Irish receive for ww1?

DannyTr

Hi everyone recently i have found out about my great grand uncle. I am curious into finding out what actual medals should someone who died on the 26th of march 1918 have received in the durham light infantry and what ither stuff such as a MID badge? I currently o ly have the victory medal but im curious into knowing what else my family should have kept. (Either other family or family lost the other medals) . My question is though should i have 2 medals or the MID badge as well as the victory medal. Thanks

C'mon give us a name Danny, it will truly help in answering yer questions...............Pte 32360 Martin Mooney 10th and 22nd Btns DLI KiA 26th March 1918?

If so his MIC shows an entitlement to the Victory and BWM, if he was MiD, which the MIC doesn't indicate then he would be entitled to have worn the 'oak leaf' emblem on his Victory medal ribbon. You are aware he has service papers online?

On 16/12/2018 at 01:18, jay dubaya said:

C'mon give us a name Danny, it will truly help in answering yer questions...............Pte 32360 Martin Mooney 10th and 22nd Btns DLI KiA 26th March 1918?

If so his MIC shows an entitlement to the Victory and BWM, if he was MiD, which the MIC doesn't indicate then he would be entitled to have worn the 'oak leaf' emblem on his Victory medal ribbon. You are aware he has service papers online?

Hi , How did you find the records I'm very new to this stuff any chance you could send me the link of the records?

Have you read the articles here on the mother site Danny? They'll give you some understanding on how to interpret these documents. The service papers for your relative can be found here. Once you've had a good read you'll be back asking questions for sure......it can become addictive, good luck.

Jon