Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Volunteers to test the WFA Pension Records

David Tattersfield

Dear All

As many GWF members will be aware, about six million records were saved from destruction by the WFA and a proportion of these (mainly the LEDGERS) have recently been digitised via Ancestry's 'Fold 3' site. The current release (amounting to around 37% of the total archive) will be joined by other releases which will come along during 2019. 

The intention is for WFA members to be able to access this archive for free as part of the WFA membership package. This is progressing well and is now in a position to be tested. Obviously robust testing is important prior to the full release of the WFA 'members access'.  

What I am seeking is for a small number of volunteers to come forward to help with this testing. If anyone is interested in doing this please send me a PM detailing your name, email address and (if possible) your WFA membership number. If you don't have your WFA membership number to hand it's not a major problem. It may be that more volunteers will come forward than are needed (if so please don't be offended if I don't accept all offers of help) but I would welcome anyone who would be prepared to fully test what has been set up and supply feedback to me. 

Many thanks

David Tattersfield

Edited by David Tattersfield

• 2 weeks later...

Members of the GWF will be pleased to learn that the testing of the WFA's access to the Pension Records on Fold3/Ancestry has gone well and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. 

In anticipation of this going 'live' in the very near future it may be a good opportunity to remind GWF members who are members of the WFA that accessing these records will involve logging into the 'Members' area of the WFA web site. Many WFA members already use this area (to access, for example, electronic back copies of Stand To!) but some WFA members do not (yet) access this area.

I would therefore suggest that those GWF/WFA members who anticipate wishing to view the Pension Records who have not accessed the WFA members area to verify their access is working in the next few days. The URL to use to check this access is here >>>

https://www.westernfrontassociation.com/login

Please input the credentials you were previously provided with, or if these are not to hand simply click 'Forgotten Password' which will take you to a reset option. Here is a URL to the password reset option >>>

https://www.westernfrontassociation.com/login/forgotten-password/

This password reset option will generate a new password. If undertaking this, please insert into 'username' the email address the WFA holds for you. (Some members have changed email address and not told the WFA office - this will potentially cause a problem if your new email address is 'unknown' to the WFA - in this case simply email Sarah Gunn in the WFA office and Sarah will resolve this straight away).