Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

POW

Guest JIM EDWARDS

Guest JIM EDWARDS

Have relative Thomas Walker who died in 1918 at home in Bristol from wounds to the leg despite 3 seperate amputations whilst a prisoner in German hands. Was there any repatriation of prisoners held by the Germans BEFORE the armistice in Nov 1918?

Jim do you know where he had been held prisoner?

Robbie

There is a repatriated prisoner buried in my local cemetery, he was wounded and captured in 1914 and he died in the UK at the end of 1916. But I do not know the date he returned to this country.

Tony.

Guest JIM EDWARDS

Certainly not an officer. Don't know where he was held prisoner.In fact I know very little about him at this stage. The only FACTS that I know are his name and date & place of death. Source of information (a relative) has a photo of him which she says I can borrow. I will then post image for the experts to examine, and I will include any additional information that I can glean in the meantime.

Hi

I have a Silver War Badge to a Private in 97th Coy MGC who was wounded and captured at Loutbartzyde in July 1917. He was a POW in Germany from his capture until April 1918 when he was repatriated to the UK.

Steve

I know about an RAMC officer who was repatriated in ? Sept 1918, who on his return wrote lots of letters trying to get others repatriated early.