Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Peter Jackson Film

andrew pugh

Hi 

Does anybody know if the recent film called They Shall Not Grow Old by Peter Jackson will be on sale to the public any time soon?

Regards

Andy 

It is being released on DVD & Bluray but no date has been announced.

As it is being show in cinemas til the end of December it'll probably be a new year release.

I see that it is available to pre-order on Amazon and is already a best seller .

Thanks for the heads up on that, duly ordered.

I wonder if there will be any extras with the DVD.  The 'Makng Of' would be good.

I've just ordered mine from Amazon as a ******** present to myself.

I read somewhere online that as a thank you Peter Jackson and his colouring-in team gave the Imperial War Museum a hundred hours more coloured-in film for future directors/staff to play with. 

Had they have released the film it would have sold a lot before Xmas as it would have been a brilliant Xmas present for so many older folk.

Meanwhile ....the closing song ... "Mademoiselle from Armentierres" is now on YouTube .....so enjoy that.

Edited by phil1963

My frustration is the DVD is only listed as Region 2, so not much use for those of us living in other parts of the world.  Hopefully PBS or someone might at least do a Region 1 version.

8 hours ago, Buffnut453 said:

My frustration is the DVD is only listed as Region 2, so not much use for those of us living in other parts of the world.  Hopefully PBS or someone might at least do a Region 1 version.

It may be a later DVD release in North America due to a later cinema release?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 05:31, Buffnut453 said:

or you can get a multi-region dvd player fairly cheap these days?

4 minutes ago, Don Regiano said:

or you can get a multi-region dvd player fairly cheap these days?

Yes - for less than $35 in the US - I have a couple of region free players ranging from an old expensive one to a $35 one that I use at work no difference that I can discern.

Chris