Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pension- Medical Record Interpretation

HERITAGE PLUS

I would be grateful for some help in relation to the attached document which is from the record of a man awarded a conditional pension - 30% disabled, malaria and colitis.

It is the post award trail correspondence and tribunals.

Any comments would be appreciated but in particular what does awds (awards?) AMQII mean and what do the three entries on the left mean.

Thanks 

Dave

Pension Records.pdf

Most of the codes are administrative and lost to time I'm afraid so I doubt most will become clear any time soon.

I would think you're right on awards though.

Craig

Thanks  Craig - that's what I expected but worth asking.

Dave

Don't know what it means but I think it's 'AHQII' rather than 'AMQII'.

The 'H..II is repeated in HQII or HGII in the right hand column, of the right hand document, 6th line.

AHQII appears on the penultimate line of the same.

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Thanks - I see what you mean.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/01/2019 at 11:12, Sjack91 said:

Would this record show that he was receiving payment until 1928? Any help would be appreciated.

Junor pension.jpg

I don't think there clerk completed this sufficiently document for us now be able to say one way or the other. I've checked the reverse of this ledger and there's nothing recorded (which in itself is not unusual). We have a disability listed, but 'attributable to' or 'aggravated by' or 'non-attributable' is incomplete. The volume of 'other action' notes (which continues, seemingly to 1928) suggests on-going correspondence, but whether this was in terms of the 'agreed' pension or the fact it hadn't been agreed is probably un-knowable from this document. Further information may be available once the cards are digitised and published later this year.