Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Liverpool Pals

Guest Anders

I would like to buy a copy of "Liverpool Pals: History of the 17th-20th Battalions - Kings Liverpool Regiment, 1914-1919". It seems to be out of stock at the moment. Perhaps I could buy a 2nd hand copy?

I am interested in any books written about the "Liverpool Pals" (especially the 10th/17th battalion).

G.

G

Contact the Museum of Liverpool Life on 0151 478 4080. I was in there a few weeks back and they had several books on the Kings, although I'm sure if yours was one or not.

I assume you mean the Graham Maddocks book, by the way. I just checked and found that hey are advertising it still on Amazon. Have you checked with them?

Steve

If you check Tom Morgan's Military Books he did have copies of the reprinted History of the 89th Brigade, written by the brother of Lord Derby who was the commanding officer of the Brigade which contained the Liverpool Pals.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Anders,

The late Graham Maddock's book is the bible as far as the Liverpool Pals are concerned. Ken's also mentioned the History of the 89th (one on eBay currently)by Stanley which is ok but not as complete as Graham's book.

There are also the books in the battlegound Europe series, Guillemont and another on Montauban well worth spending your money on.

Regards,

Bill