Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Query

Guest stonebarry2003

Guest stonebarry2003

I have a query that is rather "off topic," but I possess an item that I have had for quite a few years and cannot identify. I have tried getting it identified through various Societies and collectors but with no joy. Details are as follows

It is a normal British Army R.E.M.E. embroidered on felt shoulder title in an arc. The difference being is that the R. at the beginning and the final E. are covered by red triangles made of a type of canvas and stuck firmly over the first and last initials, thus the R. is covered by |> (solid red triangle) and the final E. is covered thus <| (solid red triangle), leaving the title as |>E.M.<|.

I would be very grateful if some of your learned members could ponder over this and come up with an answer. Many thanks in anticipation - Barry

Do you have a picture you could post? This may help members in trying to find out about your item.

Elliot

Guest stonebarry2003

Dear Elliot

Unfortunately I do not have a photograph of this shoulder title, nor for that matter do I have the expertise to display it if I had - I am a technophobe. Barry