Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

pow camps in germany

vervos

Do any forumites know of any likely source for photographs of WW1 POW camps in Germany. I am particularly interested in Zorndorf, Clausthal, Freiburg and Karlruhe. I am co-authoring a book of interviews I recorded with RFC and RNAS personnel from 1977-80 for a video Archive at RAF Hendon, and am researching photograhic documentation for the men who were shot down to become pows.

Thanks

Vervos

I have a couple of photographs of a RFC pilot, who won the VC for shooting down a Zepplin over England, sorry but his name has slipped my mind, however, I think he was also shot down and became a P.O.W, and died shortly after the war. I`ll post all the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=pictures&v=56">pictures</a> I have of him, below.

Leefe Robinson, was his name!!!!!

Sorry I have been unable to post any of the pictures I have, of Leefe. Either there to big for the forum, or more likely because my computer is rubbish. If your interested, I can try and email the pictures to you.

Don`t know what happened there, but it seems to have posted one anyway, i`ll try the others now.

post-25-1105903710.jpg

Thank you Gordon Caldicott very much for your prompt information re POW camp photographs of Leefe- Robinson. It has been most useful. Also for the French link, Landsturm.

Vervos