Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Palestinian and Egyptian campagin

rowen

Hello all its been a while since I have been on the forum. I'm after pictures and names etc for any and all who served in the above area. My eldest daughter is in uni at Cardiff doing a masters in History and has somehow got onto a committee trying to gather together as much information to place on a database and then onto a website. The project is called Views of an antigue land.

They are basically after photos of Soliders either out there or portraits of the solider. But any information is better than nothing, they have been scratching round fairs and roadshows for old pictures etc.

Hope you can all help with this worthy project

Thanks

Rich

4 hours ago, emrezmen said:

Hi emrezmen

Thank you very much for the link, I immediately found a photo of one of my research subjects.

More time needed on the PC now. The only problem is that even though I type in the exact title they have, the search comes up with heaps of unrelated photos, any tips on how to get the relevant photo?????

Thanks

Peter

Edited by ForeignGong

Check out a page on Facebook called Egyptian Expeditionary Force. He was starting a similar portfolio of soldiers.

Stuart

16 hours ago, ForeignGong said:

Hi emrezmen

Thank you very much for the link, I immediately found a photo of one of my research subjects.

More time needed on the PC now. The only problem is that even though I type in the exact title they have, the search comes up with heaps of unrelated photos, any tips on how to get the relevant photo?????

Thanks

Peter

You're more than welcome.
Using the filters above might be helpful: 

1.JPG.61822e6becdd64bf4d9a852faf89c35d.JPG

Sometimes you should need to look at every page one by one.

I don't know any other way other than these, sorry.

Thank you I will give it a go. I had to trawl through 15 pages to find the photo that I did and only used the "First World War" filter. It is just that with a name like "West" I got hits for West Riding, West Indies and so on. Even using his full name did not really help.

But as I said I will keep going.

Thanks again

Peter