Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

It's definate we are going

paullaw1155

Managed to book a ferry crossing from Dover to Dunkirk with Norfolk Line for the price of £54:00 Car and three passengers.

Just sorting out the places that we can visit.I have been to the Western Front on two previous ocassions and rember using some info from the Western Front web site. There was two tours :

A Pictorial Tour of The Somme.

A Pictorial Tour of The Ypres Salient.

I have been trying to find links to these web pages but have not been able to. Can any one help.???

Thanks

Paul :)

Paul, could this help?

I have run a website over many years now, that among other things has featured a 'photo tour' of the Western Front. The site is now called The Long, Long Trail. It is the parent of this site and there is a link to it top left of this very page. Click on the "Sacred Ground" section to see the tours.

However, the site did in its early days double as the site of the Western Front Association. This changed some 5 years ago, when I set up a site for the WFA. The WFA site used to have a (different) photo tour on it, placed there by my successor. I'm not sure whether it still does.

Enoy your cyber and real tours.

Thanks to all of you who have replied to my query. The links have been a GREAT HELP and I can now plan an itinerary of where to visit.

Cheers

Paul