Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

taube farm

kelly

Good morning all

A colleague and I want to have a look at the area in which his father fought with the Lincolns at 3rd Ypres, namely Taube Farm. I think its reasonably close to Houlthurst Forest and would ask if anyone has a plan showing where it is/was that they could share with us.

Garry

Kelly,

I'm afraid this will not help much, and even may be confusing.

In a list I have I find no Taube Farm, only a Taube House. This is a little west of the centre of Poelkapelle. If my information is correct the co-ordinates are :

50° 55.005'N 2° 57.065'E

I could attach a satellite view, but you will see when entering these co-ordinates: when coming from Langemark it is 375 m before you reach the centre of Poelkapelle, with the Guynemer roundabout, and approx. 100 metres to the right. Right now this is a field.

My problem : when looking at a trench map I see nothing there, no farm, no name, not even what might look like a house.

Also : this spot is 4 km south of Houthulst Forest.

I hope someone can find a better place of Taube Farm.

Aurel

Kelly,

Forget my posting. This is better.

Here you can find Taube Farm (Farm, not House).

http://poelcapelle14-18.be/Tanks9oktober

From the centre of Poelkapelle (Guynemer Monument) take the road to Houthulst. Before you cross the former railroad (now bike path) there is the BAREELSTRAAT. This is where Taube Farm was. Between Senegal Farm and Bertier Farm.

Aurel

5 hours ago, Aurel Sercu said:

Kelly,

Forget my posting. This is better.

Here you can find Taube Farm (Farm, not House).

http://poelcapelle14-18.be/Tanks9oktober

From the centre of Poelkapelle (Guynemer Monument) take the road to Houthulst. Before you cross the former railroad (now bike path) there is the BAREELSTRAAT. This is where Taube Farm was. Between Senegal Farm and Bertier Farm.

Aurel

Hi Aurel

Just what I'm looking for, now printed and ready to walk, thanks so much. Incidentally should have said the Leicester's, Fred transferred