Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

European fuel directive

chaz

for those not in the know, the latest European fuel directive has decided that if you need to fill up your car with fuel the labelling needs to be clearer!!

out will be going unleaded , blei frei, sans plomb, diesel, 95, 98 or any other markings and in future new cars will have choices to make. these choices will be reflected

on the pumps to make it easier. original naming eventually going the way of two and four star or even three star as I used to pump years ago.

the new labelling will show the percentage of ethanol in petrol or the bio percentages in diesel.

I have probably discussed the disadvantages of ethanol in petrol that we in the classic car and bike fraternity in the past. but will add my two penneth again, in short, unless specified by your new car manufacturer, to ,maintain warranty, I would always use the lower percentage of ethanol added to petrol ie E5. I know what damage its done to my bikes fuel systems.  

here follows the latest from the  EU

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-18-6102_en.htm

caveat, I am expressing my opinion and have no connections with fuel companies other than buying their products as needed. my opinion is just that, my opinion. I know the damage it has done adding ethanol to my bikes and having to work on others also from talking to members of classic car clubs locally. so therefore will use petrol additives or octane boosters.

this was written to inform those not in the know while travelling in future other opinions are just that other peoples opinions.

Here we go again, what planet are these people on, not the one that begins with “E”, ends with “h” and has “art” in the middle. 

Perhaphs were I live in Cheshire is in the bush, but the petrol stations I use offer either petrol or diesel.

derekb

18 hours ago, derekb said:

Here we go again, what planet are these people on, not the one that begins with “E”, ends with “h” and has “art” in the middle. 

Perhaphs were I live in Cheshire is in the bush, but the petrol stations I use offer either petrol or diesel.

derekb

Complain to Theresa, she didn't veto it. The Commission doesn't actually pass anything. They merely propose. You might as well blame the British civil service for not introducing conscription in 1914.

And, France often calls diesel gasoil in one place and diesel somewhere else - on the same forecourt, so a standard marking is welcome.

If you have driven as much in many countries across Europe as I have, you would probably join me in welcoming this initiative. The labelling is all over the place at present and anything that clarifies it must be good.

I always make sure I just drive through Cheshire, though.(:w00t:

The fact i like driving around exploring battlefields etc is one thing that puts me off electric - can anyone imagine relying on finding charge points in enough places to avoid a seriously tiresome restriction on one's itinerary?