Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cheltenham WW1 Memorial March - 1290 volunteers needed

Prestbury Remembers

Cheltenham Borough Council are looking for 1290 volunteers to take part in a powerful community commemoration project. They will be organising a WW1 Memorial March through the town on November 10th from 1:30pm to visually represent every person named on the Town's war memorial. You can register via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cheltenham-remembers-ww1-memorial-march-tickets-49890692404

They have a video on their Facebook page telling you more and a flyer (below) with information about all the event planned over their Weekend of Remembrance.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.36.11.png

Memorial March Poster.jpg

Edited by Prestbury Remembers

Unfortunately, I cannot make the walk as I am exhibiting my WW1 memorabilia in West Kirby, but I definitely recommend the film projection on Sunday 11th Nov.  I had a small hand in the making of the film by lending some of my artefacts and it will be a fitting and poignant end to the Commemorations. I will definitely be back in Cheltenham for the 11th!

V/R

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wayne,

Glad to hear you'll be in Cheltenham for the projection. I think it's going to be rather unique and memorable! Short trailer to be released shortly I believe...