Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nugent SA 1 Sqn AFC

Guest steveb21

Mates,

Can you confirm the award of a MID to Lt Stanislus Acton Nugent with 1 Sqn AFC during the war.

I was unable to find this on the AWM site but there is an award slip for the award in his personal file.

Since the slip was in his file I would believe he was indeed awarded the MID.

Do you know why he was given an MID?

He was a pilot with 1 Sqn AFC in Egypt Palestine with no victories I can find.

Cheers

S.B

Did some checking and it may have been for shooting down one of six Albatross DVa near Amman 28th June 1918 with Lt Finlay.

I didn't notice Nunan being awarded this aircraft so it must have gone to Finlay?

S.B

Did some checking and it may have been for shooting down one of six Albatross DVa near Amman 28th June 1918 with Lt Finlay.

I didn't notice Nunan being awarded this aircraft so it must have gone to Finlay?

S.B

G'day Steve,

The original post has the surname Nugent, your second post is Nunan, I assume it is Nunan, can you just clarify please.

Regards,

Andrew.

Sorry Mate,

My mistake probily why I missed him the first time in the records.

It is Lt Stan Nunan of 1 Sqn and I confirmed his claim of a kill on the 28th June 1918 was granted as a victory.

Who he shot down I havn't found out yet.

Thanks

S.B

G'day Steve,

I have looked at the London Gazette site and couldn't find him. That doesn't mean anything though as the LG website's search engine is to put it mildly stuffed.

I will hopefully be catching up with Mark Lax when I am next in Canberra and I will ask him if he knows when and if Nunan was MID.

Regards,

Andrew