Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A19 NOT TO GO THROUGH....

paciv1

It's just been on the West Flanders news that the proposed A10 motorway will not be extended though Pilckem Ridge and onto the coast......instead they are going to improve the exsisting N8 road.

So good news for the new year

Pat

For some it will be, but some people will be disapointed too. It all depends where you live and what your most important changes are.

I stay quite neutral, even as WW1 "freak". I understand the pro people but...

Time to research now. Or maybe they will stop researching now?

Remark to Paciv1

It's not possible to improve the N8 road... No way....

You should understand the standpoint of people living in Brielen, Elverdinge, Woesten, Hoogstade. In the summertime when the wetter is fine, they have a very bad time...

The solution will be a reasonable one....

It's just been on the West Flanders news that the proposed A10 motorway will not be extended though Pilckem Ridge and onto the coast

Strange how old news can still be news.

The news that the motorway A19 will not be extended to the coast is more than 10 or 15 years old In the past controversy this has never been an issue.

Will the A19 be extended for 7 km or so, until Steenstrate ? Whatever the papers and the radio say : a decision has not been made.

And I agree with Frie and Kristof.

Aurel

It's just been on the West Flanders news that the proposed A10 motorway will not be extended though Pilckem Ridge and onto the coast

Strange how old news can still be news.

The news that the motorway A19 will not be extended to the coast is more than 10 or 15 years old In the past controversy this has never been an issue.

Will the A19 be extended for 7 km or so, until Steenstrate ? Whatever the papers and the radio say : a decision has not been made.

And I agree with Frie and Kristof.

Aurel

Seems I have been to quick to open a bottle of champaign.

Erwin

in future i will just be quiet, all i said is what was on the local tv and i get moaned at, will thats it this forum is just getting crazy....i'm off

Sorry, Pat, that was not my intention...

Only to point out that the media don't know either, or send very confusing messages.

My paper (Het Nieuwsblad) yesterday wrote : "Snelweg A19 wordt niet doorgetrokken" (Motorway A19 will not be extended), whereas Het Laatste Nieuws wrote the opposite.

And then when you read the full article in Het Nieuwsblad, the rest of the title sentence appears to be : ... will not be extended to the coast. This makes all the difference !

Aurel